Get Involved with our Work!
There are several ways to get involved and join us in working to protect human rights around the world:
- Come to a meeting - We meet monthly to coordinate our efforts, exchange information and updates, and discuss human rights issues and outreach opportunities. Often these meetings also feature a speaker who addresses some aspect of Amnesty’s work. All are welcome, and refreshments are provided. Visit our Monthly Meetings page for meeting dates and times, a map, and directions.
- Join e37, Our own Group 37 e-mail list - Each month, we send out an e-mail update with meeting reminders, human rights news, and action alerts. If you want to be involved with Group 37 but have difficulty making it to meetings, e37 is a great way to keep in touch and be an active member. Email [email protected] edu to sign up.
- Keep an eye on this site - We update this site every month with new human rights actions and other information.
- Visit other AI sites - The Amnesty International USA website offers more ways to get involved, including joining AIUSA, signing up for e-mail notices, and joining the Urgent Action Network, which sends out notices about pressing cases worldwide. See our Links section to get there.
- Make a donation - You can support our local group directly with a financial contribution. Send a check to: AIUSA Group 37, c/o Pete Lund, 3026 Patton Rd, Roseville MN 55113
- Tell us how we can help you - Group 37 members love the chance to take the word about human rights to new audiences. If you have a class or group that would like to learn more about Amnesty International’s work or human rights in general, please contact us to arrange for a speaker, informational materials, petitions, or whatever you may need. Contact us for more information!